I’m not so good with polished nails. I always get chips at the tips of my nails in less than 24 hours after applying my nail polish. I’m also extremely impatient, so I usually don’t take the time to let my nails fully dry, ending up with minor damage.
So I went experimenting to find a way to enjoy my manicures just a bit longer. And now, 4 days later my nails are still chip free! So I call it a successful experiment.
So, what do you need?
- Nails with a little length.
- Glass nail file.
- French manicure stickers. Don’t worry I absolutely hate french manicures, but I use these as a handy way to perfectly apply the polish.
- A striking color nail polish.
- Use the nail file to shape all nails at the same length.
- Before you apply the polish, make sure your nails are lotion and oil free.
- Put the manicure stickers on the ends of the nails, covering about 3 mm from the tip. (This depends on your nail length.) Make sure to press down the stickers firmly so the nail polish can’t go underneath them.
- Start with applying a good basecoat until the edge of the sticker, so about 90% of your nail is covered. Then apply two coats of the desired color. Note: Allow the lacquer to dry at least 5 minutes before you apply a new layer.
- Next, remove the stickers carefully from your nails and finish with a topcoat.
- Use dry drops to let the nail polish dry just a bit quicker.
Now that the nail polish isn’t only applied until the edges of the nail, it won’t start chipping and so it helps extending the wear of your manicure. I find it a very cool look.
P.s. Of course you have to make sure that your nails are clean underneath, so I suggest to gently brush them clean daily.